Friday, September 7, 2012

Old Gold plus 50


At the start of 1962 (and for sometime before) I had been living a wasted life.  In February 1962 I met a girl who saved me from self-destruction.  I married her.    Somehow it worked.  Looking back, I see that we were like injured animals who found each other,  licked each other's wounds and brought healing.
On Labor Day weekend, Patti and I celebrated our fiftieth wedding anniversary.  The album shown above was issued that year (1962).  It was one of our favorite albums then, perhaps the first we bought together although I believe the purchase was made early in 1963.  It doesn't seem that long ago.
The song sung here is appropriate for the occasion. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment