Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Jobless Recovery or Jobless Economy?

When the candidates and their toadies tell us how many jobs they will 'create',  I want to spit in their stupid lying faces.
The reason the recovery has been slow is because the jobs are gone.
Mort Zuckerman has stated that the  industrial base of the 1950's & 1960's has been reduced by 90% and that those jobs are never coming back.  Is he correct?  If so, why?  The candidates should be talking about that.

Pat Buchanan has stated that 50,000 factories with 5.5 million jobs have been transferred abroad.  The Americans who worked those jobs did not go abroad.  They are still here, and jobless for the most part.  Is he correct?  If so, why?  The candidates should be talking about that.

The American economy has been looted by the multinational corporations.  Traitors couldn't have done more damage to our nation.

“If the Golden Rule were generally observed among us, the economy would not last a week. We have made our false economy a false god, and it has made blasphemy of the truth. So I have met the economy in the road, and am expected to yield it right of way. But I will not get over. My reason is that I am a man, and have a better right to the ground than the economy. The economy is no god for me, for I have had too close a look at its wheels. I have seen it at work in the strip mines and coal camps of Kentucky, and I know it has no moral limits.”
Wendell Berry  (Hat Tip, John Pattison)

______________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment